Saturday, June 7, 2008

Monogram Notecard Set

I recently freecycled some moving boxes. A couple from Villa Grove stopped by and picked up every flat box we had in the garage and several boxes full of used packing paper. I was so thrilled to get rid of them and enjoyed chatting with them. I was completely floored when I received a card in the mail the next week. It was a thank you card for the boxes and included a $25 gift card to Bed, Bath, and Beyond -- AND coupons to use with the gift card. On the heels of a less-than-stellar Mother's Day, I was so incredibly touched by this random act of kindness. And although this seems like such a small token of my gratitude, I made this notecard set to send with my thank you note.The notecard holder is made from one sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" Certainly Celery cardstock. I scored it in half at 5-1/2" and turned it and scored it at 2-1/4". I folded it in half on the 5-1/2" score line and then cut the inside corner diagonally from the bottom to the 2-1/4" score line (see image below). This reduces the bulk in the center of the folder, allowing it to close easier. I folded the inside pockets up. (Optionally, you could use Sticky Strip to adhere the outside edges down to form a true pocket. I left mine loose.)

With the folder closed, use the 1/8" hole punch to punch a hole about 1/2" in from each edge. Thread ribbon through the holes so that it crosses the inside pocket. The ribbon, when tied, will hold the notecards in place.

The notecards are the small notecards and envelopes available from Stampin' Up!. They come in a package of 20. I just used 8 for this monogram set. The Designer Series paper strip is 1" x 5" pieces of the Porcelain Prints collection. I used Blue Bayou ink and cardstock and Certainly Celery cardstock with coordinating circle and scallop circle punches. The Lovely Letters alphabet set complemented the paper and finished off the monogram cards nicely.

No comments: