Thursday, June 12, 2008

My First Time!!

Tonight was the first time I have ever scrapbooked photos that I took earlier in the day! I am so far behind on my scrapbook that I never dreamed this would happen.

It's hard to see in the photo, but I wheeled the Classic Stars jumbo wheel on the Basic Black cardstock. Stamp Sets are Well-Worn Alphabet and Life's a Breeze (sunglasses). I used the Spiral Punch to create the photo negative look for the smaller photos. The journaling says "Thomas & Claire jammed out on their air guitars before a trip to the pool on Claire's birthday."

My motivation to do the scrapbook page tonight was so that I would have an excuse to share a video with you. I didn't intend to share personal videos of my children when I started this blog, but this is just too funny not to share! I took one picture of Thomas & Claire playing their air guitars, but a photo just wouldn't capture it, so I turned on the video camera. Check it out:

They just crack me up! You can imagine how thrilled Claire was to later receive this guitar when she opened her birthday presents.

I made her birthday card during nap time today. Normally, I don't put so much thought into cards for children since they really don't care what it looks like. But after I promised I would post her card, I felt some pressure to impress you! So, I had another "first time" and finally tried the Sticky Cut Letters I bought last fall! My poor Bead Duos have sat unused this whole time too. Can you believe it!? I'm such a hoarder!

The Sticky Cut Letters were really easy to use. They work like Sticky Strip (VERY sticky), but with the powder pal tray, adding the beads and pressing them into the open adhesive was easy. I put the chunky beads on first, then "drained" them back into the container and added the micro beads to fill in the spaces. The rest of the card used pieces from the Summer Days Simply Scrappin' Kit (not just for scrapbooking!). The card came together fairly quickly (after playing around with the beads for awhile). The greeting comes from the Three Thoughts Simply Sent Card Kit. I always forget I have it, but the greeting stamps are so versatile.

Whew! I think that's enough for one night! I'll be back tomorrow with a Father's Day card!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thomas and Claire are too cute! I love the sticky cuts and beads...they'll be on my next order!

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny! I just love those two! What wonderful big brother and big sister they will make!
Love the b-day card.. just got out my sticky letters,too... I made a purple h with the fine cosmo glitter.. lots of bling! Love your blog!

joli-monde said...

ohh it's so cute !!!

I have a blog too, don't hesitate to tell me your opinion about it ! =D

Jodi said...

You have one cute rocker babe!