Friday, October 10, 2008

"Welcome, Little One" Card

I am still very pregnant as I write up this post on Thursday night. I'm going to the doctor in the morning (actually, as this is being posted) and I don't think she will let me go any longer, so I anticipate being in the hospital sometime on Friday to be induced. I guess we forgot to tell the baby it was time to come. I tried a little Morse code on my belly, but I don't think the baby is getting the hint. I should have started teaching it Morse code a little earlier in the pregnancy. (It's the latest craze for pregnant women, didn't you know?! The first form of baby sign language! Just kidding...well, I think.)

One thing is clear, this baby is quite content where it's at! We are anxious to meet him or her and I know many of you are anxious to hear the news. I am scheduling several blog posts to last through the weekend. Stay tuned for baby news on Sunday or Monday when I assume I'll be back from the hospital.

In honor of baby, here's a cute card I made up last year. I CASEd it from a photo I took of my upline's swaps from Leadership last January. I feel horrible that I can't give credit to the original artist, but I didn't write down the name from the back of the swap card. I copied the card almost exactly, but changed the colors.

Supplies: Nursery Necessities, Kraft cardstock, Pretty in Pink ink & cardstock, Bashful Blue ink & cardstock, So Saffron ink, Certainly Celery ink & cardstock, Basic Black ink, Whisper White cardstock, Large Star Punch, So Saffron Prints DSP, White grosgrain ribbon

I CASEd the card again for a card class I did last year. I wanted to use a stamp set that was more versatile to other occasions, so I picked the Classic Backgrounds stamp set accompanied by the Fundamental Phrases stamp set.

Supplies: Classic Backgrounds, Fundamental Phrases, Sahara Sand cardstock, Taken with Teal ink & cardstock, More Mustard ink & cardstock, Old Olive ink & cardstock, Elegant Eggplant ink & cardstock, Whisper White Craft Ink, Rose Red Prints DSP, Gold Brads, My Way (Arrow) Punch

No comments: