Friday, February 6, 2009

Circle Cutter CASE & Manager Reception Photos

I CASEd another card from the Spring-Summer catalog (pg 55) for my demonstration last weekend. I flagged this project the first time I saw the catalog. I just love the layout and the metal edge tag -- everything! I changed around the colors just a little bit to work with what I had.

Supplies: Garden Greetings, Wow Flowers, Certainly Celery Patterns DSP, Certainly Celery ink & cardstock, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Pale Plum ink, Versamark ink, Winter White embossing powder, Circle Scissor Plus, 5/8" Celery Grosgrain ribbon, Metal Edge Tags, 1-1/4" Circle Punch

Garden Greetings is a great stamp set and very versatile with four different greetings. It was a gift at Manager's Reception during Leadership Conference last month in Orlando.

For this year's Manager's Reception, SU! reserved the Island of Adventure park at Universal Studios. We got to meet Marvel superheros like Spiderman (who recorded a special message for my kids!) and Captain America. We had an incredible buffet meal and then got to ride several rides, play free arcade games, get caricatures drawn, and dance in the street to the DJ'd tunes. It was a very fun night!

It was even more special because I got to share it with my parents. (Does that sound cheesy?!) My mom is also a demonstrator (and a Manager, obviously) and since we live in different states, we don't get to see each other as often as we would like to. I love attending Stampin' Up! events together! And many times, my dad will tag along (almost definitely in January to escape the Michigan winter). Since Mom is not a big fan of roller coasters, she strolled with Elise while Dad and I went on a few rides. It was great not to have to stand in line! I found this picture on the demonstrator website from the Manager's Reception highlights of me and Dad in the front row of the Incredible Hulk Coaster. Click here to see this coaster in action. So fun!

We even got to chat with Shelli and Sterling Gardner! Here's a picture of all of us:
Which reminds me...Elise got even more time with the Gardners during the regional seminar that followed Leadership. Shelli spotted Mom comforting Elise while I was working on the make & takes and Shelli insisted on holding her so Mom could stamp too! Sterling even got in on the baby love! At one point, Mom went to get Elise back, but Shelli said she wasn't ready to hand her over yet! Hee hee! Really, can you blame her?! Elise is a beautiful little baby... (but I'm not biased -- wink!)

1 comment:

RuthieB said...

Oh my gosh! This card is beautiful. I have to admit though, I was all excited at the title as I thought we were going to get an exclusive case to carry our Circle Cutters/Mats in LOL!!!!!
How wonderful that you got to go to the Manager's reception with your Mom as a fellow Manager and also to spend time with the Gardners!