Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sketch Series #5

I've been wanting to try this layout again ever since I made this Starring You Trio back in October. (It's the third card on that post.) I finally got around to it with Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge #27.

As soon as I saw the necklace for this week's color inspiration, I knew I had to break out my Pretties Kit! I used the Stampin' Write markers (brush tip) to color directly on to the flowers (which come white). As I am uploading the picture, I'm thinking I should have done another purple flower to peek out from behind the pink one...

Supplies: Fundamental Phrases, Pretties Kit (flowers & rhinestone brad), Lovely Lilac marker & cardstock, Pink Passion marker/ink, Yo Yo Yellow marker, Whisper White cardstock, Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates for the Big Shot

And while making birthday cards last week, I discovered that this layout also works just as well upside down!

Supplies: Flowers for All Seasons, Many Mower (greeting), Delicate Dots DSP, Certainly Celery marker & cardstock, Bashful Blue marker & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black ink, So Saffron marker, Going Gray marker, Blender Pen, SAB Ribbon Bundle

1 comment:

Stacey Schafer said...

Nice work with the pretties:) I love the vibrant color of them using the markers directly on the flowers:) Great sketch, too! Thanks for playing in the JCI #27!