Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anniversary Cards

I have to say, I haven't felt this overwhelmed since last spring when we moved. Not even when Elise was born...I just feel so behind on everything and I'm struggling to catch up. I never did send an April newsletter -- sorry if you've been waiting for it! And my "arsenal" of projects to post when times get busy is...empty. I hope to pick up the pace again soon. Hang in there with me. I am getting caught up and will have some new stuff to post soon!

I do have two new cards to share. I didn't have much time (and I think you can tell when you see them!) -- I whipped these up for my parents and grandparents who celebrated their anniversary on the same day: April 19.

This first one was for my parents. I saw someone else do a play on words with this pear chipboard from the So Tweet set, so I thought I'd try it.

I felt like something was "off", so I added some pieces of the Good Morning Sunshine DSP with the pears to the center. I still feel like it's missing something and wish I had added some ribbon. Sorry for the blurry pic -- I took pictures and sent the card, so I couldn't retake the picture.
I stamped the greeting on a tag from the Matchbox die (Occasions Mini) using the Short Order Alphabet and then hand-writing "perfect".

And for my grandparents, I finally used my new Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Die with the Big Shot. I cut out one of the flowers and adhered it to this 4 - 1/4" x 4-1/4" card. I kept it really simple and just added some (retired) Light Pink Organdy Ribbon and a greeting (from the Hugs & Wishes set).

No comments: