Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Reverse Masking

Sorry I missed my post for yesterday. It was a hectic day that ended with a great group meeting and stamp club in Springfield. I enjoyed visiting with everyone and I think despite some frustration with the pop-up cake die, everyone liked the projects!

I have THREE new projects to show you today! I loved that Faux Framed Soft Summer Card so much that I made more samples to demonstrate at my group meeting! Click here to learn more about the Reverse Masking technique.

Here's another one with the oval mask. I stamped the image with the mask still in place, so it stays in the oval.

Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Colors: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, & More Mustard, Whisper White
Other Supplies: Coluzzle, Stamping Sponges

And here's one for Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge #37. I used the circle punches to create three windows for the focal point of this card. The Bashful Blue circle (on the left) didn't turn out very well in the photo, but I love the way this turned out. These colors are great together.

Stamp Set: Flowers in Silhouette, Soft Summer (greeting)
Colors: Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Other Supplies: 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Stamping Sponges

And finally, here's one with the And Many Mower stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. (It looks like the sponged sky didn't turn out well in the photo, sorry!) Doesn't that Spiral Punch look like little golf tees?

Stamp Set: And Many Mower
Colors: Baja Breeze (sponged sky), Basic Gray, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Blush Blossom, Really Rust
Other Supplies: Spiral Punch, Circle Scissor Plus, Stamping Sponges

3 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

All of your faux framing samples were fabulous! I especially love the JCI one (wink)! You Rock, Juls! Thanks for playing in the JCI37! Now, get some sleep:)

Marie said...

I just love reverse masking and each of your cards is fabulous! I really love the one with the silhouette flower and the 3 circles. Perfectly executed!! Nice job with all three!

Rochelle said...

I like all of your cards. The reversed masking looks great and adds a nice touch to them. The spiral punch does look like golf tee's!