Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kit Kat Purse

I was originally going to include a statement at the end of this post that said "No Kit Kats were harmed in the making of this post." But unfortunately, the Kit Kat did not survive even until the photo shoot! I tried; I really really did. But I got desperate and there was no other chocolate in the house. And I was so careful to preserve the wrapper so I could make it look like there was a Kit Kat in this little purse. You can't tell, can you!?

We made this cute little candy box in Stamp Club this month. The base is a piece of textured Chocolate Chip cardstock: cut to 4" x 9-3/4" and scored at 2-7/8", 3-1/4", 6-1/8", 6-1/2", 9-3/8".

I cut a 4" Circle from the Good Morning Sunshine DSP using the Circle Scissor Plus and adhered it to the Chocolate Chip purse. Instead of tying the ribbon, I adhered the 6" piece with two brads. After I put the brads in (using paper piercer from Crafter's Toolkit), I used Sticky Strip to adhere the inside flap, creating the sleeve for the Kit Kat.

The flower on the front is from the So Tweet chipboard set and sponged with Ruby Red Craft ink. I punched a little 3/4" circle from Summer Sun and covered it with glitter. In my version, there is nothing to hold the flap closed, although you could easily add a little velcro if you wanted to.

Supplies: Good Friend stamp set, Chocolate Chip ink & textured cardstock, Ruby Red Classic & Craft ink pads, Summer Sun ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Good Morning Sunshine DSP, So Tweet Chipboard, 3/4" Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers, Silver Brads, Crafter's Toolkit, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Circle Scissors Punch, Paper Cutter with Scoring Blade

3 comments:

ThreadCatcher said...

Great project! Into my favorites it goes. The chocolate wouldn't last here either; love those kit kat bars. Thanks for sharing. jmniffer

Melissa Sunde said...

Great project! I love Kit Kat Bars! I This will make a cute project for one of my Stampin' Up Classes! Thanks for the great idea!

Melissa
http://uptowncreations.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

My Kit Kat bar survived exactly one night before I gave in to the temptation. But still a cute (empty) purse!