Monday, August 24, 2009

Punch Fish & Rubberband Waves

I saw Jenn Sannes' anniversary card earlier this summer and fell in love with her little punch art fish. Jenn's style is clean and simple and I am often inspired by her "Simple & Sincere" cards. I combined the little punch fish with some rubber-banded brayered waves for this thank you card.

To make the background, wrap a couple rubber bands around your rubber brayer, ink, and roll. You could also use this technique for grass or party streamers. I used the 1-1/4" Circle Punch at the top to make the waves.

Here are the pieces you need to make the fish:

Supplies: Think Happy Thoughts, Bermuda Bay ink & cardstock, Crushed Curry cardstock, Melon Mambo cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Scallop Edge Punch, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" Circle Punches, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Double Circle Punch, Brayer, 2-Way Glue Pen, Mini Glue Dots

12 comments:

Cindy Malone said...

AWE, what a cute fish :-)
Love it, thanks for showing us how!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Great waves and adorable fish:)

katou said...

OOhhhh!this little fish is really too cute.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Nancy B. - nacky71@hotmail.com said...

Great project. Turned out super .... even with the small cutouts! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have a brayer and haven't used it at all. I can't wait to make this and use my circle punches. Vivian

Cam said...

Wow, this is by far the cutest I've seen with the rubber band on the brayer technique. Very cute.

Christyne said...

This is cute, cute, cute!!! I'll definitely be trying this one!

Julianne said...

That fish is soooo cute ! Thanks for the detailed punch and cut directions. I love the watery effect you achieved by using the rubber bands. It looks great !

Kathy Janicki www.sassystamper.blogspot.com said...

What a great card!

Kathy

www.sassystamper.blogspot.com

Pay It forward Giveaway: http://sassystamper.blogspot.com/2009/08/pix-attchdpay-it-forward-givewaway.html

Ruth Bingle said...

oh my gosh! This is SOOO cute! thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

This is amazing Julie! thank you so much for sharing your technique! :)

Frances said...

What a darling wee fish! I made my first fishy card today too, will post on my blog tomorrow!